The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Dir: Mamoru Hosoda
Japan, 2006, 98minmins, DCP
Cast: Voice Naka Riisa, Ishida Takuya, Hara Sachie
Voice Cast: Naka Riisa, Ishida Takuya, Hara Sachie
A romantic fantasy that puts Hosoda into the limelight of international attention. Based on a 1965 novel, Hosoda infuses a creative treat of imaginative flights and painterly visuals, transforming the coming-of-age story into an openhearted fable. Accidentally acquiring the power to travel back in time, a high school girl enthusiastically uses it to satisfy frivolous desires and prevent an unexpected love confession from her dude friend. When her power is gone, she finally realizes that time leaping is not about changing the past, but the future.
2007 Annecy International Animation Film Festival, Special Distinction
2007 Japan Academy Film Prize, Best Animation Film
Full House 2018-08-14 (Tue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.