The Lusty Men
Dir: Nicholas Ray
USA, 1952, 113minmins, 35mm
Cast: Robert Mitchum, Arthur Kennedy, Susan Hayward
A far cry from the classical Western and tropes, Ray’s sympathetic lens focus on a former rodeo champ who is down on his luck. The charismatic Robert Mitchum steers the film’s theme of life-changing fame and fortune as he tosses a couple’s dream of “a decent, steady life” into the open range of greed. Catching the viewer’s eye with a deep understanding of his characters’ psychological changes rather than his kinetic camerawork, Ray wrestles down the realities of human desire, and the loss of value in post-war America.
Restored by Warner Bros. in collaboration with The Film Foundation and The Nicholas Ray Foundation.
Screening Cancellation on 9 June.
For more details, please visit: http://cinefan.com.hk/programme-updates-the-lusty-men/
Cancelled 2019-06-09 (Sun)
Buy Ticket 2019-06-23 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Post-screening talk
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app. On-the-day tickets are also available at the Self-service Ticketing Kiosk of the venue. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available once the screening begins.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.