Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
Italy/France/Spain, 1975, 126 minsmins, DCP
Cast: Jack Nicholson, Maria Schneider, Jenny Runacre
How much can a man change his life with a new passport? Journalist David Locke (Jack Nicholson) easily slips into the identity of a dead man in Chad but soon finds himself embroiled in the connections of his new life – a dealer in illicit arms and those of his old life – as his wife tries to unravel her husband’s purported death. And then, in Barcelona, he meets a young architecture student (Maria Schneider) and another chance to start over… if he can evade those who are still seeking him. Considered by the master himself as his most stylistically mature film, the seven-minute long-take finale remains one of the most breathtaking endings in the history of cinema.
The Passenger, From Defining Modernity: Michelangelo Antonioni (Hong Kong International Film Festival Society, 2009)
Buy Tickets 2018-01-20 (Sat)
Full House 2018-02-02 (Fri)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.