The Sign of Leo
Dir: Eric Rohmer
France, 1962, 103minmins, DCP
Cast: Jess Hahn, Michèle Girardon, Van Doude
An inspiring entrée into the big-time, Rohmer’s debut feature follows an unlucky American musician running himself into debt on the assumption of an inheritance he doesn’t inherit. Penniless and deserted by his friends, the derelict lumbering through the streets of Paris in physical and moral disintegration. Through naturalistic, observant camera lens, we see an ultra-realistic portrayal of the bohemian life in the romantic city, and the ironical workings of fate – a theme Rohmer will return to frequently.
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app. On-the-day tickets are also available at the Self-service Ticketing Kiosk of the venue. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available once the screening begins.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.