1986, 1986, 109minmins, 35mm
Cast: Cora Miao, Lee Li-Chun, Chin Shih-Chieh, Gu Bao-Ming
Amidst Taipei’s wailing sirens and cold-blooded ambition, friends turn on each other and love is rejected with a stock phrase, three sets of characters collide with terrible consequences. A single gunshot jumpstarts the action, but this mysterious crime is matched by others that are just as (un)real. Three couples are drawn into the intrigue, but no easy resolutions can be found. Yang didn’t like being compared to Antonioni, but the Italian master would have enjoyed this complex, chilling crime story.
1986 Golden Horse Awards, Best Feature Film
1987 Locarno International Film Festival, Silver Leopard
Buy Ticket 2017-07-22 (Sat)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.