Where is the Friend’s Home?
Dir: Abbas Kiarostami
Iran, 1987, 83minmins, DCP
Cast: Babak Ahmadpour, Ahmad Ahmadpour
“Kiarostami’s films are about journeys, leading us on from one winding road onto the next, but always with sceneries of unexpected, profound beauty. Where is the Friend’s Home? gave me a dose of the purest nectar of life, which I had believed to be long gone from this world. From the northern hills of Iran, a child has taught us to be again masters of our own, where right and wrong is concerned. It is not a matter of social norms, but a matter as natural as to breathe.” – An Affair with Film
Locarno Film Festival: Bronze Leopard
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 2019-01-20 (Sun)
Full House 2019-02-02 (Sat)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.