Dir: Ingmar Bergman
Sweden, 1957, 91minmins, DCP
Cast: Victor Sjöström, Bibi Andersson, Gunnar Björnstrand
An old hearse approaching. A coffin falls out. Nightmares throw light on unconscious existence of Professor Borg (Victor Sjöström in a transcendent performance), as he travels with his daughter-in-law to receive an honorary doctorate. Through magnificent juxtapositions, Bergman shows the past intruding on the present, dreams punctuating reality, as the elderly professor comes to terms with the regrets and sorrows of his emotionally constrained life. One of Bergman’s most elegiac and humane classics, offering reconciliation and redemption in a reflection on the roads taken – and ultimately, there’s peace on the other side.
1958 Berlin International Film Festival, Golden Bear for Best Film and FIPRESCI Prize (for Victor Sjöström)
Buy Ticket 2018-06-09 (Sat)
Full House 2018-07-21 (Sat)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.