Dir: Mamoru Hosoda
Japan, 2012, 118minmins, DCP
Cast: Voice Miyazaki Aoi, Osawa Takao, Sugawara Bunta
Voice Cast: Miyazaki Aoi, Osawa Takao, Sugawara Bunta
One of Hosoda’s most movingly poetic and beautiful animations, the fairy tale opens with the romance between college student Hana and a mysterious wolfman. After he dies, Hana moves to the mountains and struggles to raise her werewolf kids – Yuki and Ame, who have to find their own identities and places in the world. In memory of his mother, Hosoda invests this family story with profound emotion of parental devotion, in lyrical hand-drawn visuals juxtaposed with silent imagery. Joyful and fascinating, yet an underlying sense of melancholy lingers.
2013 Japan Academy Film Prize, Best Animation Film
Full House 2018-08-16 (Thu)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.