Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
USA, 1970, 113 minsmins, DCP
Cast: Mark Frechette, Daria Halprin, Paul Fix
Antonioni’s second English-language film, an initial commercial disappointment that has grown in critical stature over the decades. Today it stands as a monument to Antonioni’s fascination with the counterculture of the 1970s and the landscapes of America – from the violence of race, police and protests on its college campuses to the hallucinogenic bleakness of its deserts, even though some might see them as scenarios for possible elite “development.” Against these landscapes, two lost young people meet, perhaps find love, and separate as they travel towards different destinies.
Zabriskie Point, From Defining Modernity: Michelangelo Antonioni (Hong Kong International Film Festival Society, 2009)
Buy Tickets 2018-01-20 (Sat)
Buy Tickets 2018-02-03 (Sat)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.