Dir: Jevons Au
2018, 2018, 99minmins, DCP
Cast: Jo Koo, Jennifer Yu, Kaki Sham
At the heart of everyday life, struggling is the reality of all students not limited to those with special education needs. The SEN school music teacher (Jo Koo), vying for a position in an elite school, is assigned to helm a musical performance with the reluctant help from a Band 1 “good girl” (Jennifer Yu) and a Band 3 “bad boy” (Kaki Sham). The trio, all with an axe to grind, comes to learn their most important lesson in life. Jevons Au, in his first solo feature after Trivisa (40th HKIFF), takes a critical look at our flawed education system, throwing a stone at the people and institutions pivoting on scholastic excellence. Distinction shouldn’t be an arbitrary standard; every kid can be extraordinary in their own right.
23.8.2018 (Thu): Post-screening discussion with director Jevons Au
Full House 2018-08-23 (Thu)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.