From Here to Eternity
Dir: Fred Zinnemann
USA, 1953, 118minmins, DCP
Cast: Burt Lancaster, Deborah Kerr, Montgomery Clift
Deserving to be remembered for more than the passionate horizontal embrace and the famous kiss in the surf between Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr, this eight-Oscar winner is one of the finest war dramas ever made in Hollywood. Challenging the “un-American” critique under McCarthyism, Austrian director Zinnemann’s adaptation of James Jones’ heavyweight story blasts the corruption and brutality in the US Army, as explosive as the scenes of Japanese bombing on Pearl Harbor. Despite its critical attitude to the military, the film cheers for heroism and brotherhood, spiced with strong action, humor and blues – and of course, bittersweet love.
Academy Awards: 8 awards including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Screenplay
15.6.2019 (SAT): Film talk with Fung Ka-ming
Buy Ticket 2019-06-15 (Sat)
Door Tickets Available at the Venue on Screening Date 2019-07-13 (Sat)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. Screenings at M+ Cinema: Tickets are available at URBTIX only. No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX website, mobile app and outlets only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available from 30 minutes after the screening begins.
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.