Her Lonely Lane a.k.a. A Wanderer’s Notebook
Dir: Naruse Mikio
Japan, 1962, 124 minmins, DCP
Cast: Takamine Hideko, Takarada Akira, Kato Daisuke, Kobayashi Keiju
Naruse’s sympathies and identification with the working class are deeply palpable in his celebratory biopic of Hayashi Fumiko – the last of his six adaptations. On the poetry of her text, she tells her journey of struggles in the Taisho period through a succession of bad jobs and worse men, while slowly making her way to artistic triumph. Evoking passion and sadness in a single glance, Takamine Hideko’s superb performance enlivens Naruse’s beautiful tribute to a woman who created art from turmoil, and found greater achievement in solitude.
Door Tickets Available at the Venue on Screening Date 2020-01-19 (Sun)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.