Irma la Douce
Dir: Billy Wilder
USA, 1963, 143minmins, DCP
Cast: Jack Lemmon, Shirley MacLaine, Lou Jacobi
After their Golden Globe winning performances in The Apartment, Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine reunited with Billy Wilder for this rowdy Paris-set romantic comedy. After dismissed by the police force for being overly honest, Nestor falls in love with Irma, a charming prostitute. When Nestor realises that he can’t help but be furiously jealous by Irma’s line of work, he comes up with a drastic solution – inventing an alter ego. Adapted from a French musical, this endearing farce about sex and love is anchored by the splendid performances of its two stars.
Academy Awards: Best Score
Golden Globe Awards: Best Actress (Comedy or Musical)
Buy Ticket 2021-06-13 (Sun)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.