Kramer vs. Kramer
Dir: Robert Benton
USA, 1979, 105minmins, DCP
Cast: Dustin Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Justin Henry
Hoffman vs. Streep, as these two talented actors explore the pains of separation, divorce and custody where the court becomes the crucible of family itself. Hoffman’s harried workaholic character must learn to raise his son when Streep leaves him to find happiness; her return, nonetheless, challenges his newfound fatherhood as well as the meaning of motherhood in an age of transition. And at the center stands Billy Kramer – son, pawn and promise – whose fate challenges the wisdom of the court.
1980 Academy Awards, Best Picture, Best Director, Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay), Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 2018-09-28 (Fri)
Buy Tickets 2018-10-21 (Sun)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.