Leave Her to Heaven
Dir: John M. Stahl
USA, 1945, 110minmins, DCP
Cast: Gene Tierney, Cornel Wilde, Jeanne Crain, Vincent Price
A ravishing Technicolor masterpiece that became 20th Century Fox’s biggest box office hit of the 1940s, Leave Her to Heaven continues to spark critical debate more than seventy years later for its bold reinterpretation of established genres, and daring evocation of classical Greek mythology. At once film noir, psychological thriller and swooning melodrama, it stars a ferocious Gene Tierney as a beautiful young socialite, who draws Cornel Wilde’s successful yet unwitting novelist into a passionate affair, only to be overpowered by her intense jealousy and murderous possessiveness.
Academy Awards: Best Cinematography
Venice Film Festival: In Competition
26/6 (Sat): Film talk with Ernest Chan
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.