Dir: Kon Satoshi
Japan, 2001, Japanese, 87mins, DCP
Cast: Voice Cast: Shoji Miyoko, Koyama Mami, Izuka Shozo
Kon Satoshi explores the possibilities of time, space and storytelling in animation with his second feature film, a heartfelt tribute to Japanese cinema inspired by the lives of screen legends Hara Setsuko and Takamine Hideko. Beginning as a seemingly traditional story of a television producer and his cameraman’s interview with a reclusive actress, the film soon evolves into a whimsical fantasy juxtaposing memory and reality, leaping back and forth in time to trace her acting career and life story, in an amazing journey that transports us to relive the golden years of Japanese films.
Fantasia International Film Festival: Best Animation Film and Fantasia Ground-Breaker Award
SITGES – International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia: Orient Express Award
28/8 (Sat): Film talk with Maruyama Masao. Moderator: Kongkee. Conducted in Japanese and Cantonese. Admission by ticket only.
The Dreamscapes of Kon Satoshi
Full House 2021-08-26 (Thu)
Full House 2021-08-28 (Sat)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.