Some Like It Hot
Dir: Billy Wilder
USA, 1959, 122 minmins, DCP
Cast: Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon
Well, nobody’s perfect, yet probably no comedies that are funnier – or more taboobreaking in its time – than Some Like It Hot. One of Wilder’s biggest hits stars Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis as two musicians who crossdress to join a travelling all-female band after witnessing a gangland murder. Also featuring Marilyn Monroe as a red-hot singer and the object of the two heroes’ attraction, this boisterous, witty and stereotype-bending farce has been ranked number one of the funniest comedies of all time by the American Film Institute.
Academy Awards: Best Costume Design
Golden Globe Awards: Best Picture (Comedy or Musical), Best Actor and Best Actress
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.