Dir: Werner Herzog
West Germany, 1977, 108 minsmins, DCP
Cast: Bruno S., Eva Mattes, Clemens Scheitz
Upon release from prison, Bruno Stroszek, a Berlin street musician, encounters Eva, a prostitute mistreated by pimps, and the two decide to leave Germany for the promise of a better life in Wisconsin. Stroszek’s American dream quickly turns sour, as his woman’s gone and his mobile house’s seized. A rare road movie with country music, Herzog’s quietly devastating portrait of stranger-in-a-strange-land alienation is laced with his indelible moments of crackpot poetry: a premature baby hanging on forcefully, and a caged chicken can’t stop dancing. It’s this mixture of touching feelings and unpredictable fascination that gives Herzog’s works their haunting lives.
1978 German Film Critics Association Awards, Best Film
Door Tickets Available at the Venue on Screening Date 2018-01-28 (Sun)
Buy Tickets 2018-02-11 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- K11 Art House
- Broadway Hollywood
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- Festival Grand Cinema
- The Grand Cinema
- M+ Cinema
- Cine Moko
- MOViE MOViE
- The Metroplex
- the sky
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Shouson Theatre
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- The HKFYG Jockey Club Media 21
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Assigned seating
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.