Dir: Billy Wilder
USA, 1950, 110 minmins, DCP
Cast: William Holden, Gloria Swanson, Erich von Stroheim
Billy Wilder channeled his fascination with, and sardonic reflection of, Hollywood and American culture by peeling back its facades. It’s the ultimate lurid tale of Hollywood depravity told from the posthumous perpective of a failing screenwriter, who is asked by a has-been film star to write a screenplay for what she hopes would be her comeback, then becomes trapped in a dangerous relationship. “Hollywood at its worst told by Hollywood at its best” – this melodramatic film noir remains one of the greatest scathing satires of the dream kingdom.
Academy Awards: Best Writing, Best Art Direction and Set Decoration and Best Music Score
Golden Globe Awards: Best Picture (Drama), Best Director, Best Actress and Best Original Score
10/1 (Sun): Seminar with Fung Ka-ming, Geoffrey Wong
Full House 2021-03-13 (Sat)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX website, mobile app and outlets only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.