Dir: Eric Rohmer
France, 1967, 86minmins, DCP
Cast: Haydée Politoff, Patrick Bauchau, Daniel Pommereulle
Retreating in a Riviera summer house, the insecure men in Rohmer’s third Moral Tale are still unable to find a quiet gateway from temptations. Daniel, an art dealer, and his artist friend find themselves caught in a humiliating game of thwarted seduction with Haydée – the “collector of men”. In a cheery palette full of enticing golden tints and ocean blues, Rohmer thrillingly thrusts his hero into his own conflict between his rationalizing intellect and passions. Is truth to be found in the flesh, or in Rousseau’s philosophical musing?
Berlin International Film Festival: Silver Bear Extraordinary Jury Prize
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Full House
1. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas : tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
2. Screenings at HK Arts Centre and M+ Cinema : tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets are available at URBTIX website and mobile app. On-the-day tickets will also be available at the Self-service Ticketing Kiosk of the respective venue, subject to availability.
3. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
4. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.