The Whimsical World of Zbigniew Rybczynski
Dir: Zbigniew Rybczynski
A garden of earthly delights from the innovative filmmaker-animator Zbigniew Rybczynski who became the first Pole to win an Academy Award, for the exquisitely choreographed everyday movements constituting his 1980 Tango. In a global career over decades, Rybczynski played with sound, color, repetition and fragmentation – saturating bodies in haunting vignettes (Soup, 1974), fracturing the screen into kaleidoscopic stories (New Book, 1975) or reframing screens and motion (Media, 1980). The director’s hand seems quicker than our eyes, happily embroiling us, too, in his surreal visions.
Tango – Academy Awards: Best Short Film, Animated
Buy Tickets 2019-04-22 (Mon)
Buy Tickets 2019-05-25 (Sat)
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.