Two for the Road
Dir: Stanley Donen
USA, 1967, English, 112mins, DCP
Cast: Audrey Hepburn, Albert Finney, Jacqueline Bisset
Sumptuous colours, sublime cinematography, Mancini’s fascinating score combined with a haute wardrobe from Rabanne and Courrèges – the Hollywood romantic comedy slides off the archetypal cheering track into a bittersweet portrait of a marriage under the steer of veteran Stanley Donen. Albert Finney and Audrey Hepburn, a glossily idealised couple, break the fable of happily hereafter right from the start, as they are caught in moments of flirts and quarrels, joy and lament on their way across Europe, during their 12 years of courtship and marriage in amusingly seamless leaps back and forth in time. “There’ll never be anyone else like you in my life.” So is the film.
San Sebastián International Film Festival: Golden Seashell for Best Film
28/2 (Sun): Film talk with Derek Lam
The Golden Age
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.