Two for the Road
Dir: Stanley Donen
USA, 1967, English, 112mins, DCP
Cast: Audrey Hepburn, Albert Finney, Jacqueline Bisset
Sumptuous colours, sublime cinematography, Mancini’s fascinating score combined with a haute wardrobe from Rabanne and Courrèges – the Hollywood romantic comedy slides off the archetypal cheering track into a bittersweet portrait of a marriage under the steer of veteran Stanley Donen. Albert Finney and Audrey Hepburn, a glossily idealised couple, break the fable of happily hereafter right from the start, as they are caught in moments of flirts and quarrels, joy and lament on their way across Europe, during their 12 years of courtship and marriage in amusingly seamless leaps back and forth in time. “There’ll never be anyone else like you in my life.” So is the film.
San Sebastián International Film Festival: Golden Seashell for Best Film
28/2 (Sun): Film talk with Derek Lam
- PREMIERE Elements (Venue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall
- Hong Kong Film Archive
- K11 Art House
- The Metroplex
- Festival Grand Cinema
- the sky
- MCL Telford Cinema
- Tai Kwun
- MOViE MOViE
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- M+ Cinema (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas Times Square (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema
- Broadway Hollywood
- Cine Moko
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at ALL commercial cinemas: Tickets are available at URBTIX till 5pm one day before respective screening, after which tickets will be available only at the box office of the respective venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre: Tickets are available at URBTIX until one hour before the screening, after which remaining tickets will be sold only at the door.
4. Screenings at M+ Cinema: No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets are available at URBTIX outlets until one hour before the screening, after which tickets will be available at URBTIX website or mobile app only. Ticketing services for respective screening will not be available after the screening begins.
5. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS appreciates its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.